Teen Research Underwater Explorers (TRUE) is fortunate to have several marine science research institutions centrally located. Many of the science leadership volunteers are from these agencies, which include:
- University of South Florida, College of Marine Science
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- United States Geological Survey
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Tampa Bay Estuary Program
Because of this support, we are able to do amazing science projects in our own backyard, Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. We hold monthly ‘Dry Meetings’ that cover a range of science topics, from coral reefs to ichthyology to remote sensing. We also participate in a number of ‘Wet Meetings’ that include SCUBA diving locally.